Thursday, May 19, 2011

Packing Packing Packing

I'm not going to post much tonight, I'm too busy packing and obsessing. My checked bag weighs in at approximately 29.5 pounds. There's not much left to stick in my carry-on bag, so hopefully I won't go over the limit. I'm debating bringing my knitting. Hubby says that I won't have time to knit, but I have to entertain myself on the plane somehow. I think if it fits, I'm bringing it.

I posted about this on my Facebook tonight, but I wanted to add it here on the blog as well. John and I were planning on a big date tonight since I'm leaving tomorrow for a week. We were thinking Red Lobster or Olive Garden. In the car on the way to the restaurant, I was talking about the wish list posted on the International Field Studies website. John said that we should skip the big dinner and spend the money on supplies for Forfar instead. I could have HUGGED him right while he was driving! So instead of Red Lobster, we had a hot dog in the Sam's Club snack bar and bought a few things for Forfar from their wish list. I hope I don't sound like I'm tooting my own horn, it was totally John's idea. Dr. Ballenger was talking about how hard it is to get supplies on Andros Island, and it was inspiring. And maybe if I go over my packing limit, they will be nice since I brought goodies! It's not much, but if I had more weight, I could probably do a little more. ;)
The Forfar wish list can be found here: Wish List

No comments:

Post a Comment