Saturday, May 28, 2011

Going Home

We got up at 4:00am. Why? Because apparently the power went off, which means our fan went off, and we all got hot. This was after last evening's Archie Story creeped everyone out. We were supposed to be in the taxi by 5:30, and I was thinking if we got up at 5, we'd be OK. But apparently Archie had other ideas.

We flew out at about 7am, and we got through customs and into the Ft. Lauderdale airport by 10am. Our plane to Atlanta did not leave until 5:45pm. So we had some time to kill before boarding for sure. I saw a couple of interesting sights while waiting.
I'm not going in there...
This is the arrival/departure screen at Ft Lauderdale. I'm worried.
So I picked up a book in the bookstore and read it while waiting for the plane. When it was finally time to board, I was really itching to get home. Kinda literally itching, there were tons of mosquitos that had a bite of me during the week. So after a two-hour flight to Atlanta, an hour and a half on the bus, I was greeted in front of LeNoir Hall by my hubby and my six lovely children. I'm so happy to be home, and I had a great time in Andros. This trip was really educational, I learned a lot about the ecology of Andros, and also about the people and culture of Andros as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment